Friday, February 15, 2013

Valentine's Day Card

I saw an image of this card going around on Pinterest.
I thought that this would be a hilarious card to make for my husband this year.
Since there was only an image going around Pinterest,
I thought I would make a quick tutorial of how I made the card.

I started by doing a google image search for "hammer clipart".
I ended up find this one and I used it for my template.

If you want to download it, click the picture, then right click on it and click save as...

I cut out the star with pink construction paper and outlined with a red marker.
Then I cut the hammer handle with brown construction paper and outlined with a black marker.
I used grey construction paper for the hammer head and outlined with a black marker.
Then used a small heart punch on red paper for the nail heads, which I drew smiley faces with a black marker.
Then I cut little purple slivers for the nail bodies...is that the right word?
I took 1 piece of white cardstock paper and folded it in half for my card.
Here is a picture of all of my supplies.
 Then I glued it to the cardstock paper with a glue stick.
Then I wrote my message.
My husband reaction was priceless!
He said that it was cute and told me that he loved it.

It is a perfect card idea for the love of your life that has a sense of humor. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment