Monday, July 6, 2015

Single Serving Eggless Cookie Dough Recipe

I have a confession, I am addicted to cookie dough, specifically chocolate chip cookie dough. Not so much the chocolate chip part, but the dough...hmm. If I am left in a room that contains cookie dough, I will eat all of it without thinking twice. Phew, I feel better now that I got that off of my chest! I know that it is not healthy, but it is my vice.

Years ago, I created this delicious chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. Most of my family and friends have raved about it. All of the cookies and dough would be gone within a couple of days. It is that good!

The other day I had a craving for cookie dough. Normally I make a full batch of cookie dough and freeze most of it into cookie dough balls. I didn’t want to have a full batch of dough taunting me all day long, I decided to make a single serving of cookie dough based on my recipe.
It turned out delicious and it was the perfect amount that I don’t feel sick.
Note: This dough can be used for a variety of cookies!
Chocolate Chip, Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Peanut butter, Oatmeal Raisin, etc.
I’ll have instructions for these at the bottom of the post.

Here is what you will need:
Main Ingredients
1 TBSP White Sugar
1 TBSP Brown Sugar, firmly packed
1 TBSP butter, at room temperature (it needs to be soft!)
½ TBSP milk
1/16 tsp (smidgen) salt
1/10 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup flour
Whatever additive you want with your dough
Chocolate chips, M&M’s, Macadamia Nuts, Walnuts, Reese’s Pieces, etc.
The sky’s the limit!

Here are the instructions:

1. Add sugars and butter into a small bowl.

Mix together until a paste is formed.

2. Add milk, salt, and vanilla and mix again until thoroughly combined. The mixture will look runny.

I had to show you a picture of some measuring spoons I received when I got married. They are so cute! That is why I put a "smidgen" in the recipe.
By definition, a smidgen is a small amount of something.
Mathematically, you need 1/16 tsp of salt for this recipe.


3. Add the flour and mix until a firm dough is formed.

4. Now is the time to add your additive and mix.
I prefer chocolate chips.
450 calories of pure bliss!
I mean, no calories and so delicious.
Hehe.

Other variations:

Chocolate Chocolate Chip
- When you have reached step 3 (adding the flour) add 2 TBSP of cocoa powder and 4 TBSP of flour. Mix until a thick dough is formed and then add chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, or even white chocolate chips? Or macadamia nuts and chocolate chips?

Peanut butter
- After step 1, add 1 TBSP of peanut butter and mix until the peanut butter is thoroughly incorporated. Continue with the remainder of the recipe as outlined. You may need to add 1-3 tsp more of flour, depending on the thickness of the dough. You could even add 3 TBSP of chopped of peanuts to the dough for a little crunch.

Oatmeal raisin
- 30 minutes before you start, take 3 TBSP of raisins and put them in a glass cup or dish with boiling water. They will plump up almost twice their size after 30 minutes. Strain them and set aside until needed.
- At step 3 (adding the flour) add 2-3 TBSP of oatmeal and 1/4 cup (or less) of flour. Stir until a nice thick dough is formed. Gently mix in the raisins and you're good to go.

Let me know if you have a favorite cookie that you like to make or if you found a different dough variation that you would like me to include!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment